Monday, December 26, 2005


The Day after Christmas

We all slept in this morning, so breakfast was almost more like brunch. After that Bob & DJ started gathering things and packing the cars. I keep telling them they need to trade in one of the cars for a van, now that they are a family of seven, as they can not all go anywhere without driving both cars. Anyway, when they were all packed up I took them to Starbucks for a mocha, tea for DJ and hot chocolates for the kids. Then they headed for home about 13:15 with a heavy overcast and drizzly rain, but warm.

I went to the Verizon store in Burlington to check on the availability of something I saw yesterday on the Web, called 3G EVDO, where you can get speeds similar to those achievable with DSL from your cell phone. I should have phoned first, as the Verizon store was closed, the employees taking the Christmas holiday today. But the malls and other stores were NOT closed and I think there must have been close to 100,000 people in the area. Well, I may have exagerated on my people count, but there were a lot of people and traffic was bad. I just came straight home. Anyway, if I can get that feature that supposidly starts for $25 per month before I leave to go south I will probably do that rather than starting another dialup connection for $9/mo. Its availability and where all it can be accessed are the questions I need answers to.

I went back to Starbucks with my neighbors, Dick & Barbara, but this time I had a hot cider. After that we went to a homeowners meeting here in the park where we live. I have been home long enough to have fixed dinner, gotten the garbage ready for pickup tomorrow and checked email. I should have sent some of that ham home with Bob as I don't know if I can eat all of it.

The house is real quiet although I do have the TV on for background noise. If Annie were still here she would be watching the show that is on, so that makes it feel more normal, like it should be. I also found the lighted Christmas tree decoration that we had in our front window two years ago when we were here for the holidays and put in the motorhome front window last year for the holidays in Bullhead City, AZ. It was behind the door into the spare bedroom. I guess I never saw it because whenever I opened the door to go in there, the door covered it. Tonight I was looking for things Bob & familymay have left behind so I closed the door from inside the room and there it was! I did get it put up in the kitchen window, but the day after Christmas.

My next goal is to get ready for my Snowbird trip that I plan to start on Wed. Jan. 4th. There is a lot to get done if I am going to be ready to leave by then so I should be busy for the next eight days.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?