Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

I changed campsites today

I talked with the office lady here this afternoon & was able to change to space 359B which is in the upper part of the campground, nearer where Annie, Huggy & I were the last two times we were here. Unfortunatly the wireless card still doesn't work. I talked with another camper who said Verizon service is terrible for everyone here in Fort Mohave, which is where we really are. It is south of Bullhead City proper by 3 or 4 miles & blocked from the Verizon tower in Laughlin by hills. But I think the card will connect from Starbucks in the Safeway that is in the downtown area, so I'll try that tomorrow.

The mocha & tuna wrap from Kim's Deli across the street were good. I bought a few things at Safeway, including a book on the Southbeach diet, the current copy of Arizona Highways magazine & the local newspaper for today.

I forgot to add the HTML code to the last message I sent from this Pocketmail device that cuts the text PM adds at the end of a message, so it would have been there. I apologize for that & will try to remember to add it the rest of the times I send a post by PM. It just needs the pound sign followed immediately (no space) by the word end & nothing else appears after it, even if a service like PM appends advertising. When I can access the web I can edit that post & remove their ad.

I did get the satellite TV antennae up & working so I'm watching TV. The network shows I get are from LA & so is the news. Last year we knew a lot more about the mayoral recall election in LA than we really needed to know. I will probably put up the regular antennae for local channels. The eleven o'clock news from LA really comes on at midnight here because Arizona is on Mountain Time.

I still have to change my clocks to Arizona time so will do that tomorrow. AZ doesn't do Daylight Savings Time so when I go back to California I won't have to change them, as long as DST has started by then. Isn't it earlier this year than in the past?

Labels:


Comments:
Well you are well under way. Moca in hand and ariel on the roof!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?