Thursday, January 31, 2008
Sunroom, snow and The Contractor
We came to a decision over this week that we are not going to drive the motorhome to Arizona next week. The weather is crappy and we really don't want to risk getting stuck, plus our time available was so short that any delays would really cause problems in getting to where we wanted to be. There is also the 450 gallons of gas that it would take to drive to Tucson and back- about 3600 miles at 8 miles per gallon. Maybe next year.
But, we are going to go to Eastern Washington with it about the end of April and will celebrate our first wedding anniversary in the town we went to for our first short Honeymoon, Leavenworth WA. That is if the roads are finally clear of snow and ice by then.
I understand about the gas and the weather. Gas is right at $3 a gallon here and the weather is just freaky right now. From 70º to the teens in less than 3 hours! We had sleet, snow and freezing rain today and it's supposed to be nearly 60º again by Sunday. Now that just ain't right! ;o)
Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend, Dick.
Love and hugs,
I don't blame you for re-thinking your trip, and it will be nice to head to Leavenworth in April!
Links to this post: